- All complaints will be acknowledged in writing within 5 working days of receipt.
- All complaints will be investigated and responded to within 21 working days of receipt. The procedure may specify that additional time may be required on occasions, in which case the complainant should be notified of this in writing.
- The investigation will be carried out by somebody other than the mediator that the complaint relates to.
- If the response is not accepted, the complainant can appeal to the CMC or FMC.
- Details of the CMC’s appeal processes can be found here: https://civilmediation.org/for–thepublic/complaints/
- Details of the FMC’s appeal processes can be found here: https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/complaints-about-mediators/